The Convenience Copier program was established by the state of Tennessee in 1978. This program allows departments to access up-to-date copiers at a very low cost per copy. All UT departments, with the exception of the Library and the University Center, must obtain copier services through this program.
If you do not have a copier and wish to obtain one, please send an e-mail with your name, department, and phone number to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 865-974-9256.
Standard Contract Inclusions
Each copier supplied by the Convenience Copier Program comes with a stapler, network printing/scanning, and document feed options. A network connection is required for the scan feature. The monthly cost, listed with each copier, covers a model specific number of included images per month, machine maintenance, and general operating supplies.
- All B&W impressions which exceed the contracted monthly allotment cost $0.02 each. All color impressions are $0.08 each; there is no monthly allotment for color impressions. Transparencies, paper, and special supplies are not included.
A sheet printed on both sides equals two impressions.
This includes, but is not limited to, files sent to print from a computer, printed off a USB drive (if equipped), and any sheet duplicated from the copier.
The standard lease length is 5 years. At the end of a lease, if it is not cancelled or upgraded, monthly charges will continue as long as the copier is still in use. Unused included images do not roll over from month to month.
- Fax, 3-hole punch, and extra paper trays are available for an additional fee.
Supplies & Maintenance
Orders for toner, staples, or maintenance should be directed to the vendor of your specific machine.
- Konica Minolta – Konica Minolta Business Solutions – 1-800-456-5664
- Toshiba – Appalachia Business Communications – 865-531-9000
- Lexmark – Appalachia Business Communications – 865-531-9000
- Ricoh – RICOH USA – 1-888-456-6457
These supplies/services are included in your monthly cost. Do not order supplies or maintenance from any source other than the one listed above for your machine’s manufacturer. To do so will be at departmental expense.
Monthly Meter Readings
A meter reading on each machine must be submitted to the Convenience Copier Program between the 15th and 20th of each month for billing purposes. The reading may be submitted via email email@example.com
Please call 974-9256 with any questions regarding meter readings.
Convenience Copier staff will need to access the copier during yearly inventory.