The innovative electronic locker system provides on-campus residents a secure and easy way to access their packages 24/7. Package lockers are located in Presidential Court, the VolShop on Cumberland Avenue, and Stokely Hall. Students are assigned a locker location based on their residential housing.
Select your residence hall from the list to view the location of your package locker.
View a Map
Students are notified by email from UTK Mail Room when their packages are available for pickup. Once available and if they have registered, students will be notified through the UT Package Lockers app.
To access a locker via email
Locate the computer kiosk near the lockers and enter the PIN or scan the QR code found in the email notification from UTK Mail Room.
Coming Soon: Access a locker using the UT Package Lockers app
Once available, download the UT Package Lockers app on your mobile device.
Then, choose one of two options:
- Locate the computer kiosk near the lockers and enter the PIN or scan the QR code found in the app.
- Click the open locker button in the app to open the locker remotely (must be within five feet of locker bank).
Packages requiring refrigeration and oversized packages will continue to be delivered to the front desk of residence halls for student pickup.
UT Mail Services will make every effort to ensure packages are delivered in a timely and efficient manner. The following outlines the policy for delivery and retention regarding student packages:
- Packages will be delivered to the package locker locations the same day they are received. Packages will be available for student retrieval for a 48-hour period. Weekends are not included in the 48-hour pickup period. For example, packages loaded into lockers on Thursday morning will be available for pickup until Monday morning.
- Any student package not picked up within 48 hours will be removed from the locker unit and returned to UT Mail Services at 2120 Stephenson Drive.
- UT Mail Services personnel will attempt to contact the student to inform them they have a package. A second delivery attempt to the locker unit will be made the following day for an additional 48-hour period. If the second attempt is unsuccessful, the package will be collected and held at UT Mail Services for a period not to exceed seven business days. Following this period, and no contact received from the student recipient, the package will be returned to sender.
- If a student is unable to retrieve a package due to an illness or being out of town, UT Mail Services will temporarily store the package for no longer than seven business days unless extenuating circumstances exist and the student notifies UT Mail Services in a timely manner and the notification is acknowledged by UT Mail Services.
- Oversized or irregular-sized packages will be delivered to the student’s residence hall and will be available for pickup following the delivery email sent to the student.