THE UNIVERSITY OF TENNESSEE AT KNOXVILLE OFFERS THE ABILITY TO SELF-COLLECT PACKAGES AT A DESIGNATED LOCKER BANK (THE “SERVICE”) TO UNIVERSITY OF TENNESSEE AT KNOXVILLE STUDENTS (“USERS”) SUBJECT TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET OUT BELOW. BY USING THIS SERVICE, YOU SIGNIFY YOUR AGREEMENT TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS. THE SERVICE IS ALSO SUBJECT TO THE UNIVERSITY OF TENNESSEE STUDENT CODE OF CONDUCT, ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY, AND INFORMATION SECURITY POLICY (“UNIVERSITY POLICIES”).
The UT Package Lockers mobile app provides the following:
- Immediate notification when packages have arrived and are ready for collection;
- Reports if packages are either in a locker bank at a specific location or in a residence hall mail room;
- Information about basic package details including the carrier and tracking number; and
- Three different options for students to collect their packages from the locker bank:
- a collection PIN that can be keyed using the touch screen at the locker bank;
- a collection QR code that can be scanned at the locker bank; or
- a button in the mobile app to remote open the locker containing the package (requires the student to be within 5 feet of the locker bank to enable this functionality).
Accounts and Passwords
All users who choose to collect their packages at a designated locker bank must register as a locker bank user and be provided with a locker bank user account.
Each user shall:
- Be responsible for maintaining the confidentiality and security of the information of his/her own locker bank account, including but not limited to passwords to the locker bank account;
- Be responsible for all activities that occur under his/her own locker bank account;
- Inform the University of Tennessee at Knoxville immediately upon becoming aware of unauthorized use of the locker bank account or password, or any other breach of security in relation to the user’s locker bank account;
- Not use another’s locker bank account or password or allow anyone else to use his/her locker bank account; and
- Accept liability for any loss or damage suffered, whether by the University of Tennessee at Knoxville or any third party, as a result of any breach of the obligations set out above.
In order for a user to use the Service the user must register as a locker bank user, and provide personal information, including contact information. The user agrees that by accepting collection of packages at a designated locker bank, the user consents to the use of his/her personal information for the provision of the Service.
The user agrees and accepts that The University of Tennessee at Knoxville will be sending the service notifications to the contact information provided by the user at registration, and that the user will not be able to use the Service should the user provide inaccurate information to the University of Tennessee at Knoxville.
The user agrees that the University of Tennessee at Knoxville may, at its sole discretion, and without prior notice and without liability to the user, terminate the user’s access to the user’s locker bank account, the mobile app or any related website, if the University of Tennessee at Knoxville determines that the user has violated these Terms and Conditions or the University Policies.